Tuesday, January 20, 2015

yikes + update

The other day, I casually remembered that I have a blog and then realized that I haven't posted a single thing since MAY. Yikes. I am so sorry. For 2015 I've decided to make a point of posting at least weekly, especially since I have so much going on now! 

So here's the update: Since my last post, I selected a college to attend in Washington, graduated high school, got my SCUBA certification, and after some crazy health issues over the summer, made the decision to take a gap year and pursue higher education in California starting in the fall of 2015. I think things worked out for the best, since I graduated a matter of days after my seventeenth birthday, and it's a major pain to be on a college campus as a minor. 

During this year off, I've been working in retail, volunteering at my former elementary school & with marine conservation organizations, interning with a travel agency (which means that there will be lots and lots of travel advice and promotions headed your way) and I've also become a brand ambassador/representative for two companies: SandCloud and Life Before Work Travel. I'm also entering a competition to complete my Global Degree: meaning I would be the youngest female to visit all 193 UN recognized countries! I'm about six percent of the way there at the moment and I'll be making a video and posting on all of my social media so any support would be greatly appreciated (more about that in a later post, though).

If you're reading this, thank you for having patience with me and actually sticking with this blog.

Much love,
Nish


No comments:

Post a Comment